εˆδΈ‰ today but Daddy has to work.

So we met up with Auntie O for breakfast.

On our walk back home, she said she wanted to look at the birds.. and led us to the playground. πŸ˜…πŸ˜

Kinda expected, because she has been asking me yesterday and today, "Can baby go to the playground? Can?"

I told her yes but it has to be another day.

And this morning I said yes if the weather is ok.

So I guess she decided on her own that the weather was fine.

Hahaha so happy.

I never knew fishing can be so fun.

She really likes Auntie O!

So they'd compete to get a fish and then knock the fish off the rod.
The magic question is, "Why you drop?" And the little one would laugh hysterically.

So finally, when we had some alone time this afternoon, our helper spoke to me about her decision not to renew the contract.

Ironically I just saw an email from MOM this morning about renewing her work permit.

Anyway she said she really wanted to continue working here because she needs the money and also because we are nice to her and she loves Clarissa.

But her sister, who has been taking care of her kids for her, has decided to work overseas.

She has an option of sending her kids to her sister's husband's sister's place.. but she doesn't think it's good.
Her daughter is becoming quite a handful and she knows it won't be a good place for them to stay.

As an employer I feel very frustrated and want to try all means to persuade her to just send her kids there.

But as a mother, I only said I'm disappointed with her because she promised us she'd renew but went back on her word.

How can I tell her to send her kids to someone she doesn't trust would be good to her kids?

I want to believe that her situation is genuine, and that her apologies are genuine.

She cried talking about Clarissa and I know her love for our little girl is real.

I feel very anxious about the upcoming changes, but in a way I'm glad that we can finally move on from the second-guessing and actively find a solution.

I think I've been subconsciously stressed about her ding-dong-ing that I even dreamt about her telling me she would not renew her contract.

So in a way, I guess it's case closed now and we'll work out something over the next few weeks.

Even if she were to renew her contract with us, she'd be constantly worried about her kids.
Her sister even suggested that she return home on the pretence of taking a break, but not coming back to Singapore.

So I should be glad she found the heart to be honest with me.

I mean.. giving me three months' notice is better than disappearing without informing.

My biggest worry is Clarissa, of course. Until now the only people who can carry her and take care of her are the hubs, the helper and me.
The transition is going to be hard for us, harder for her.

Shall discuss with the hubs when he's back tonight.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s